Arfin Rumey - I do music for my fans

“Whenever I am composing or singing a song I try to deliver my best performance. I do music for my fans not for fame,” says Arfin Rumey.

In recent times the music scene has seen the introduction of many young and talented singers in the industry. Arfin Rumey is from the new generation of musicians who are taking the music scene forward with their work.

Today we bring our reader a closeup with the talented and emerging music composer and singer Arfin Rumey.

As an upcoming singer Rumey was awarded the ‘Uro-CJFB performance award’ for his album Esho Na in 2009. He also received the ‘Binodon-Bichitra best composer award’ in 2010.

Speaking about his early days, Rumey recalls, “Music has always been a passion for me. Born in a music-oriented family, I was brought up in a music friendly environment. My mother always inspired me for singing.”

Rumi is also a member of the band Durbin. Speaking about his band Rumi says, “I used to hang out regularly with my friends in Dhanmondi. One day in one of our regular hang out sessions in 2005 we came up with the concept of forming Durbin.”

“I met Habib Wahid. Habib had heard my songs. He offered me to sing in his composed jingles,” Rumi continues.

“After hearing my voice in a number of jingles for Banglalink people began to take notice of me. I started working on my solo-albums and jingles and also embarked upon doing occasional playback in movies. I became very busy with Durbin at the same time,” says Rumi.
Rumey is amongst the singers who saw success in a very short time. Speaking about the turning point of his career, Rumey says, “I think my second solo-album played a vital role in my music career.”

“My recognition, as a composer came in 2010 with the song Er beshi bhalobasha jay na which was wonderfully sung by Shafiq Tuhin. After that, two more songs from the mixed album Porshi and Chitti became popular,” he adds.

As a band, Durbin is carving a niche in the music industry with its melodious songs. The band has released three albums till date. They are Durbin, Durbin 2.01 and Durbin 3.01. Speaking about Durbin, he states, “Since its formation in 2005, Durbin has always been very selective regarding choosing of songs and may be this is the reason why we have released only three albums from the band till date.”

Speaking about his inspiration for music, Rumey says, “AR Rahman is my sole-inspiration for music while Habib Wahid and Fuad Bhai are my mentors in the local music scene.”

Speaking about his current projects, Rumey informs, “These days I am working with several albums. All the albums will be released on Pahela Baishakh. I am also composing three songs for Mila’s upcoming album am”.

“I am doing music direction in the Bangla feature film Most Welcome, which is directed by Ananya Mamun and produced by Ananto. I am composing six songs for another movie, Laal Tip,” he adds.

“I am determined to keep doing music as long as I can,” concludes Rumy.

News Source: 
The Daily Sun

...