Sonam Kapoor : I'm extremely moody

There's something about Sonam Kapoor. She doesn't hard-sell herself like other actors.
She's honest, endearing and wears her attitude well. Here are excerpts from an interview ahead of her new film- Eros International and Vistaar Religare Film Fund's Mausam - produced by Sunil Lulla and Sheetal Vinod Talwar (releasing worldwide on September 16)...
We hear you fainted often on set...

Sonam Kapoor
 
I am perfectly well now but till five months ago I kept falling ill because I was overworked. Mausam has taken a lot from all of us; we have worked very hard on it. In the course of a year, I shot for three films: Mausam, Players and Thank You, and promoted two: Aisha and I Hate Luv Storys.

And you contracted typhoid twice!
Yes, I got typhoid in New York of all places and was hospitalised there.When I returned to India, I went to work almost immediately and had a relapse. I love eating roadside food, so perhaps that also played a part. Now I'm careful.

Like Shahid you gave two years of your life to Pankaj Kapur's Mausam...
I have literally given Mausam my sweat, blood and tears, but I am used to working like that. I gave that kind of time to Saawariya and Delhi 6 too. I would rather do quality work than churn out films like a factory. Whether my films work or not, I want people to remember me and my characters. 

You said Shahid Kapoor is the best looking guy in a uniform!
Yes, after my dad! My dad looked the best in a moustache and uniform in Pukar. Shahid is a close second.

Is Shahid a perfectionist?
No, he is a casual, easy-going young actor who can be very spontaneous and fun to work with. He doesn't care about what he wears and how he looks. The only thing he fusses about is his hair! Shahid is the most heterosexual man I have met in my life; he is endearing and very chilled out. He is also respectful of his father (Pankaj Kapur) and loves his family. I like that about him.

Finally how was the experience of working with Pankaj Kapur?
I'm his biggest fan. He's an actor I would love to emulate. As a director, he treats each actor differently. He knows I'm spontaneous and he was happy to let me do my thing. All he looks for in a performance is honesty.

...