Chanchal Chowdhury's new avatar for Television

Chanchal Chowdhury had to grow long hair for Giasuddin Selim's blockbuster “Monpura”. For “Moner Manush”, he had to lose weight.

Now the actor will go nearly bald for Mostofa Sarwar Farooki's next film “Television”. “I'll have to get rid of my hair shortly. I've mentally prepared myself to lose my beloved hair,” said Chanchal.


Chanchal Chowdhury
He is rehearsing for “Television” at Farooki's office everyday. “I've acted in many TV plays and feature films, but never had to master the dialect of Noakhali. I'll have to speak in the Noakhali dialect for Farooki bhai's film,” he added.

How is he learning the dialect? “Farooki bhai and his crew are pretty fluent in the Noakhali dialect. I'm taking lessons from them,” said Chanchal.

The committed thespian also said that he wouldn't work in any more TV plays this year, as he will be staying in Noakhali for two months.

“The character I'm going to play is named Solaiman. He is the son of a village chairman. He meanders around the village on his motorbike. Mosharraf Karim will be playing the part of his friend, informed the actor.

The last TV play featuring Chanchal is Salauddin Lavlu's “Harkipta”.

News Source: The Daily Star

...