A hands on actor In conversation with Sajal

Talented actor Sajal is one of the busiest faces in the media, and despite choosing his offers carefully in recent days, he has made the most appearances on TV last Eid. Recently, the actor shared thoughts about his dreams, career and beyond.

: How do you feel about the fact that you appeared in the highest number of TV plays last Eid?

Sajal
 
Sajal: This has both its positive and negative aspects. I don't work in serials that much. Instead I take on offers of one-hour-dramas or tele-films. The works that I do around the year are mostly aired during Eid. As a result, the Eid-specials feature many of my performances.

What are you doing now?
Sajal: I've already begun working in TV plays for the upcoming Eid. I have to shoot almost everyday.

Do you work 30 days a month?
Sajal: Something like that. Honestly speaking, I don't want to work this much. But there are some directors who I just can't turn down. So I have a packed schedule, which more than often stretches late into the night.

Many of the TV stars are becoming frequent faces on the silver screen. Why aren't you doing any new film after your debut?
Sajal: Every actor has a dream of appearing on the silver screen. A movie reel keeps a performance alive for years with repeated views by the audience. I received several offers after my debut, and if everything clicks again I would like to work more in films.
Can you name your best works?
Sajal: It is very tough to do so. Every child is special to his/her parents. Still, some dramas that are worth mentioning are “Celebrity Ekattor”, “Tomra Bhule Gechho Mollika'dir Naam”, “Anutapta” and “Hey Rajkonya”. There were several other good performances, but I can't remember the names at the moment.



Any regret surrounding a missed chance?
Sajal: I never regret anything. I believe in my work and trust that good performances will win the hearts of audience. However, if you tell me to name my dream role, I'd say its “Debdas”. I would jump at any offer to portray the role. I also want to play the character of Amit from “Shesher Kobita” or Opu from “Pather Panchali”.

Do you get time to do homework before standing in front of the camera?
Sajal: I never perform without preparation. Whenever I return home and freshen up, I sit with the script in my hand. I think carefully about the next day's challenge and prepare several interpretations of the role that I'll portray.

Any plan to direct?
Sajal: I have no plan of becoming a director. I only know acting, and I want to stick with my skills for the rest of my life.
Which are your favorite movies?
Sajal: I have many favorites. “Sareng Bou” is one of them, while “Shimana Periye” can be considered as my all-time favourite. Other films that make up my top list include “Titash Ekti Nodir Naam” and works featuring Razzak and Salman Shah.

Which actress did you pair up the most with?
Sajal: Tisha. Other actresses that I worked frequently with are Bindu, Momo, Monalisa and Prova.

Do you believe in the trend of actors forming pairs?
Sajal: Definitely not. Different understandings are formed with individual co-stars. Tisha is my good friend and any work with her produces fun experiences. I have no inhibition with her. Bindu, meanwhile, is my junior from Jahangirnagar University and I have a good understanding with her as well. Momo and I also mesh in easily during our work. I believe that I'm always learning things from my co-workers.

News Source: The Daily Star

...