Mehazabien’s TRIP to FAME

Since her crowning at the Lux Channel i Superstar 2009, Mehazabien Chowdhury has never looked back. Today she is one of the busiest actresses.


Mehazabien Chowdhury

However, the model-turned-actress believes she is still at her early days in the glamour world.
“I know these are my very early days in the scene. I still have to go a long way. My dream is to become an actress who will be remembered for years to come. I am now trying hard to make a place for myself in the industry,” says Mehazabien.
Currently Mehazabien is very busy with the shooting of Eid special TV plays.
“On this Eid, TV viewers will see me in many TV plays. In a single episode play Protyabartan, I am playing two roles for the first time. This interesting play is expected to be aired on BTV, as an Eid exclusive,” she informs.
“Other TV plays, featuring me to be aired on this Eid, are Akram Khan’s Behind the Ceiling Ball, Arif’s Guti and Shafiq’s Dhanda. To complete the shooting of the TV plays in time, we are literally racing against the clock,” she adds.


Playing lots of roles in quick time may raise the question of quality. But, the graceful actress has other thoughts. “I believe in quality rather than quantity. Though, I am playing many characters, I do not compromise with the quality of my work,” she states.
Asked about the need of having theatre-base for an actor, she says, “Having theatre-base must be a plus point for any actor, but it is not a mandatory thing. From my point of view, working at theatre and on screen is quite different.”

Mehazabien’s performance in ongoing TV serial No Problem has already earned her a name for herself.
“Receiving response as an actor is always an inspiration for any performer. I think it makes me more responsible to do justice to my characters I portray on the screen,” Mehazabien suggests.
Mehazabien’s journey to fame has been fast but steady. She stepped into the glamour world after her successful exposure to Lux-Channel i Superstar Contest 2009.
Looking back on her early days, she recalls, “Though born in Bangladesh, I moved to Muscat, Oman at the age of 1, because of my father’s work. As I grew up, I discovered a fascination towards acting. I used to take part in the cultural programmes at school. Teachers inspired me to attend the school programmes, regularly. From the age of 13, I started working as a model for the Times of Oman and continued till I moved to Bangladesh in 2007.”
“Success in Lux-Channel i Superstar Contest is really something that gave me a boost to move to the realm of acting,” she adds.

From then onwards, Mehazabien has been working to establish herself as an accomplished actress.
Bold enough to undertake new challenges; Mehazabien has plans of working in the movies as well.
“I think I am not yet ready to work frequently on commercial films. It would be wise to wait for the right opportunity to come. I am focusing totally on acting now. I want to be remembered as an actress—be it for small screen or big,” she concludes.

News Source: The Daily Sun

...