Orsha shows promise in acting

“I aspire to be a performer; be it on theatre, TV channels or silver screen,” said Orsha who has become a familiar face through her vibrant role as Deepabali in Saatkahon, an ongoing TV serial.


Directed by Golam Sarwar Dodul, the serial is an adaptation of Indian novelist Smaresh Majumdar’s Saatkahon, in which Deepabali is a leading character.
“Playing the character of Deepabali is not only significant, but also a daunting task for me. To portray one of the most-read characters like Deepabali, I had to undergo a few adaptations. Apart from studying the novel, I attended a total of three workshops before the start of the shooting to adapt myself to the character,” she said about her preparation for the role.
“The serial, which is now being aired on Desh TV, has already received a good response from the viewers and it is really great to be a part of this brilliant work. I am now busy focusing on the character in the upcoming episodes,” she added.

Apart from Deepabali, Orsha has recently worked on a few interesting projects which are expected to be aired on this Eid.

“A few days ago, I completed the shooting of an interesting play Tirondaj which is likely to be aired on this Eid on ntv. Directed by Saeed Tinku, the production features Azad Abul Kalam as my co-actor. I have recently worked on Tillo Express, a telefilm by Krishnendu Chattopadhyay. The telefilm is an adaptation of Time, a novel that deals with a peculiar psychological world of human beings,” said Orsha.

“I am also making my debut on the silver screen through Ferari Fanoosh. Directed by Abir Shreshtha, the film zooms in the life of a music composer. Though the shooting of the film has been started, we are now taking a break and we will restart the shooting in the month of November,” she said.
Looking back on her early days in the glamour world, Nazia Haque Orsha recalled, “When I was a student of HSC, I realised first to become self-reliant. I wanted to do something through I can get name, fame and money. And it is worth mentioning here that working on TV has served my purpose. My mother inspired me most in turning my dreams into reality.”
“I came under limelight through Lux Channel i Superstar 2009 contest. In that beauty contest, I grabbed the 4th position and won the title of Close-Up Miss Beautiful Smile,” she continued.
From then on, she has been stepping up her efforts to become a successful actor. Her positive outlook, confidence and pragmatic efforts are noticeable in everything she does.
“I am choosy and selective in everything I do. I do not want to appear on the TV channels frequently and to receive instant popularity. I am here to play an innings of a Test match rather than a T-20. So, I am now going steady,” said Orsha.
“I think that a good theatre-base is essential for every actor. So, I wish to join a theatre troupe in future,” she concluded.

...