Bindu : From glam to de-glam

In a career spanning four years, Bindu has already witnessed a lot of success. She is acting in several TV serials. Her journey in the media started with winning the “Lux Channel i Superstar” contest.


“I want to be recognised as a deft actress, and that's what I'm working on at the moment,” she said.
Some of the serials featuring Bindu that are currently on air are: “Hawai Mithai”, “Ikarus-er Dana”, “Pother Dabi”, “Kalo Chaya”, “Akasher Niche Manush”. When asked about them, Bindu commented, “They are all quite different from each other, I really enjoy working in them.”
Speaking of characters that stand out, Bindu said, “In 'Kalo Chhaya', aired on Masranga Television, I had to put on very dark makeup. I could hardly recognise myself. I play the role of a Christian girl in 'Pother Dabi', which is an adaptation of a novel by Sharatchandra Chattopadhyay. In 'Hawai Mithai', I portray a rural girl.”
Bindu added, “Many predicted that I couldn't pull off deglamourised roles. I took that as a challenge. I'm happy that the viewers are noticing my efforts.”
Bindu has not restricted herself to TV; she has also ventured into movies. Her first film was “Daruchini Dwip” by Tauquir Ahmed. She also acted in “Jaago” and “Piriter Dokandari”. At present, she is working on “Ei Toh Prem” by Sohel Arman. The film also features Shakib Khan. “Ami Tomar Mon-er Bhetor -- a song from the film -- has already gained popularity.
Some of Bindu's popular TV serials include “Makbul Bibartan”, “Chhotobela”, “Breaking News”, “Ekmutho Roddur”, “Chhobir Deshe”, “Kobitar Deshe”, “Lilaboti”, “Amar Kothati Furalo” and “Bhalobashi Ashchorjo Meghdol” etc.
Recently, she acted in “Iti, Tomar Bon” -- written by Anisul Haque and directed by Himel Ashraf. “My role had some really moving dialogues, it would definitely be on the list of my favourites,” she said.
Alongside her work, she has also kept her education steady. She is currently completing her BBA at Jahangirnagar University.

News Source: The Daily Star

...