It’s away from home - Eid for Swagata

This year Swagata will be spending the Eid far away from home. The actress/singer will be celebrating her Eid in Qatar with millions of Bangladeshis living at the Gulf state. She leaves Dhaka on 5 November.


Swagata
“I am flying to Qatar to attend an Eid-reunion programme of Bangladeshi expatriates. Every year thousands of Bangladeshis in Qatar celebrate Eid through a grand event. They all gather at a venue and enjoy themselves on the day,” says Swagata.
“I will be attending the event as its anchor. So I will be hosting the whole event,” adds Swagata.

So how does it feel to spend the Eid far away from home, family, friends and loved ones? Answering the question Swagata says, “On Eid day I will miss them a lot. I will be returning to Bangladesh right after the programme. So it is only a few days away from home.”
The Eids of our childhood times were certainly the best Eids of our lives. When asked about her take on this matter Swagata replies, “The Eid during those care-free days were certainly my favourite ones. I enjoyed those Eids a lot. I used to spend the occasion at my great grandmothers place at Gulbagh. 

The main attraction of the day was Selami. I used to team up with my cousins and friends and visit my relatives in the area to collect Selami and at the end of the day we used to spend what we collected. We used to have a lot of fun together, laughing, screaming in joy and so on.”

“These days life offers so little free time on Eid holidays; I usually stay at home for the whole day. I spend the day welcoming the guests and my relatives who come to visit me at our home on the day,” Swagata says.
On this Eid a number of TV plays will be aired on private TV channel featuring Swagata in different characters. Sharing her Eid offerings Swagata said, “Last three months I have been working crazily to finish the TV plays on time and as Eid approached I even had to do shooting all night,” informs Swagata.
“This Eid the audience will see me on almost all the leading TV channels in single episode TV plays, special programmes and Eid special drama serials,” Swagata adds.
“One of the main Eid offerings for my fans on this Eid is the first solo album of my band Mohakaal. The album is a self titled album and comes after eight years of band formation. The album releases today from G-series.” she concludes.

...