Olivia Wilde in Shekhar Kapur's next Film

Shekhar Kapur recently approached H-wood star Olivia Wilde for his next film
Shekhar Kapur, who was recently in the capital for his alma mater Modern School's annual day celebrations, spoke to TOI about his upcoming films - "Paani", the musical, and the one that he wants to shoot after that.
In fact, Kapur also met Hollywood actress Olivia Wilde recently to talk to her about the next movie. "Yes, I met her. I'm meeting a lot of people for the movie but it's too soon to say anything. I will work on this movie after "Paani"." As far as "Paani" goes, Kapur says it's a daunting task ahead of him, "It's a big film with a budget of USD 50 million. To get it all alone is not easy. I'm producing, directing and doing everything for this international film." But as far as the cast and the name of Kristen Stewart goes, says Kapur, "You can keep chatting with people and discussing the story but till the time someone doesn't say yes, it's all conjecture."
T he various work commitments that keep Shekhar Kapur on the move also bring him to the capital frequently, but the last time the director was here, the visit was personal. Kapur had come to Delhi to be part of the annual day celebrations at his alma mater, Modern School, Barakhamba Road, and became quite nostalgic about the time he'd spent there. "The school was a huge influence on me; it shaped the person I am today. I was part of the National Cadets Corps and I still have the picture where I am presenting the Guard of Honour to Pandit Nehru.
It was at this school that I participated in many activities, including water polo. I was also fascinated by art, craft and painting. The school hosted the Shankar's Art Competition which I took part in. That's when I discovered colour."
Kapur also credits the school for his attitude towards women, and says, "Since the school was co-ed, we saw women being given an equal platform from the very start. Our prefects were all women. Girls were always encouraged to try new things and no one at Modern would've ever thought of eve-teasing... When I went back to the school this time, I was impressed by how things had progressed."
But now, there's another thing that brings Kapur to Delhi - the PM's National Innovation Council, headed by Sam Pitroda, which the director is a part of. "About a fortnight ago, we presented the innovation policy to the PM. We are working on encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship in our education system," says Kapur, adding that besides this, the new media company that he's started with AR Rahman in Bangalore keeps him busy.
-The Times of India.

...